Why Automation Services are key to product development
In the modern technology landscape, the term Automation Services takes many forms;
However, one of the most interesting – and money-saving – applications of the technology is in the realms of QA and product testing.
Automation and Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence (AI) can be used to test and trial hardware, software, and web applications with a thoroughness
Simply not achievable using human testers. AI can run millions of test scripts to automatically analyze a product with
The ultimate aim of exposing flaws in its service structure. It can also be used in the same way to test hardware for potential problems.
As software and apps become more advanced, and machine learning continues to evolve, it’s now possible to trial and
Streamline processes well before putting a system live. Using Automation Services and Artificial Intelligence together allows
Developers to extensively check all facets of a system to discover potential weaknesses in design or implementation.
These software and hardware tests are commonly broken down into three main classifications, with subdivisions under each.
Some are fully automated, some require more in the way of AI. Different projects will require different testing criteria consisting, usually, of a mix of these checks:
- Smoke testing: Smoke testing checks the core functions of a program are working before putting the project live.
- Sanity testing: The sanity testing of a product test an application for flaws after any highlighted bugs have been reported as fixed.
- Regression testing: Regression tests are applied after a change to check whether the software still works. These changes can be hardware or software-related.
- Web services testing: Web services testing checks the performance, functionality, reliability and security of a website’s Application Program Interface (API).
- Critical Path testing: Critical path testing exposes potential functionality flaws through running typical-use scenarios.
- API Tests: Application Programming Interface tests evaluate interface functionality, reliability, performance and security.
- Cross-browser tests: Cross-browser testing checks a website’s performance and behavior across different web browsers.
- Cross-platform tests: Cross-platform tests are employed to test hardware or software across different operating systems.
- Security testing: Security testing is done to identify any vulnerabilities or threats that can jeopardize
The security or integrity of an application.
- Performance testing: Performance testing checks the speed, responsiveness and stability of
A computer, network, software program or device under a workload.
- Availability testing: Availability testing measures how often a site or software is available and accessible for use.
- Scalability testing: Scalability testing of a software application measures its capability to scale up in
Terms of any of its non-functional capability like load, number of transactions, the data volume etc. In essence, future-proofing.
- Disaster recovery testing: Disaster recovery testing is the process of ensuring an organization can recover
Data, restore business-critical applications and continue operations after an interruption of its services, critical IT failure or complete disruption.
- Selenium testing: Selenium is an open-source automated testing framework used to validate web applications across different browsers and platforms.
- Interface testing: A connection that integrates two components is called an interface.
Interface Testing verifies whether the communication between two different software systems is handled correctly.
- System testing: System testing is the testing of a complete and fully integrated software product.
- Integration testing: Tests the integration or interfaces between components including interactions between
different parts of a system such as an operating system, file system and hardware or interfaces between systems.
Thankfully Artificial Intelligence and Automation Services are on your side when it comes to testing and can be scripted
To autonomously validate all key areas, in a fraction of the time it would take humans to do the same job.